Create an Estate Plan
Work with a Reliable Attorney for Wills Serving Auburn, AL, and the Surrounding Areas
Having a solid estate plan is a must. Without one, your family could end up struggling through a lengthy and difficult probate process. If you need an attorney for wills, trusts, or other estate planning needs, then consider contacting my firm. My name is Raymond L. Jackson, Jr., and I’m prepared to assist clients throughout Auburn, AL, and the surrounding areas.
Assisting with a Range of Needs
I am an experienced lawyer that is committed to my clients. I can examine your situation, explain your options, and help you make an estate plan that works for your unique needs.
As your attorney, I can assist with the following:
- Wills and Trusts: Wills and trusts both help to determine where your assets will go, though how they work is slightly different. Wills go into effect after your death and must go through probate; trusts go into effect immediately and offer a little more privacy. As an attorney, I can provide help for both wills and trusts, depending on my clients’ needs.
- Guardianship and Conservatorship: If an individual is no longer able to take care of themselves—whether because of age or illness—then an individual may apply for guardianship or conservatorship. This individual will then manage the finances and daily affairs of their ward or conservatee. I am a guardianship lawyer who can assist with any legal concerns surrounding these processes.
- Durable Power of Attorney: There may come a time when you are unable to make certain decisions on your own. Giving someone power of attorney gives them the ability to act in your stead.
- Living Wills: Despite the name, living wills actually have nothing to do with distributing your assets. Instead, they state how you want healthcare decisions to be handled should you be unable to make those decisions yourself. Get help creating a living will by contacting my office.
- Medical Power of Attorney and Advanced Directives: If you are worried about being incapacitated by illness, then it can be beneficial to create an advanced directive or give someone medical power of attorney; this way, you can make your wishes for medical care known and will have someone trusted who can make decisions on your behalf.
- Business Succession Planning: It’s important to make sure that your business outlives you. Create a solid business succession plan by partnering with an attorney.
If you’d like to learn more about how I can help, then consider calling for your free 30-minute consultation. I’m prepared to assist clients near Auburn, AL, and the surrounding areas.
I’ll be in touch with you soon!